Welcome to our Church. If you wish to know more about our activities, or any other matter, one of the Duty Team at the door will be delighted to help.
Come and enjoy Tea, Coffee and Chat in the Carswell Centre after the service.
Our Kids Corner is for our young people to enjoy during the service.
Churchbuilders is for our young people. We go together to the Carswell Centre during the service for fun, games, crafts, and bible learning.
EPYC for P6-S6 is on Sunday evenings from 7-8.30pm. Play games, hang out, and learn about the bible and Christian Faith. For registration email Murdo firstname.lastname@example.org or use the link on our Facebook page and website.
Jade hopes to be routinely working on Tuesday and Friday mornings in the Carswell Centre and be available to anyone who wishes to speak to her.
The flowers in church this morning are donated by Kay Brown.
Church Carers - For a hospital or doctor’s appointment and unable to take public transport, please contact John / Fay Lyons of the Pastoral Care Team on 0141 644 2249 or alternatively via email@example.com.
From Liz MacLachlan - “A huge thank you to all the kind people who helped me when I had my accident. I have been overwhelmed by the kindness, cards, flowers, food, chocolates and visitors. Thank you!”
Marlies wishes to thank everyone who attended Ronald’s funeral - it was a great support to her and her family. If you could not complete a pew card, Marlies asks you to please let Anne in the office know. (01355302087 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Guild look forward to welcoming everyone to our Scottish Evening in celebration of St Andrews Day on Wednesday 29th November at 7:30pm in the Carswell Centre. Light refreshments, tea and coffee will be served. All are Welcome
Parish News - Items for inclusion in the next issue of Parish News should be sent to macintyre74@btinternet by Friday 1st December.
A Time to Remember - Christmas can be a difficult time for those of us who have lost someone we love. For this reason, we are holding a short service called, ‘A Time to Remember’ on Sunday, 3rd December at 3.00pm in church. All are most welcome, members and non members alike.
Ladies Advent Dinner - St Bridget’s invite any of our ladies to attend their Ladies Advent Dinner on 7th December at 7pm in the Eglinton Arms. Please contact Maria Fagan (07888-763017) for more information and for your tickets.
We are excited to announce our
Christmas Events for Children and Young People!
· Friday 8th December; 4.30-6.30pm - Youth Church Decorating. A craft making decorations for church. All youth organisations have been asked to join in. Once we have all decorations, we will go to church to decorate it!
· Saturday 9th December; 2-4pm - High Tea with Santa in the Carswell Centre. We have Santa joining us to meet the children and their teddies. To book, either email email@example.com, follow the booking form on the Facebook Page and Website, or text 07776-119377
· Sunday 17th December; 11am-12pm - On the Day Pop-Up Nativity at Kairos. Come dressed up as any character from the nativity story and we will get you involved - no rehearsals needed!
· Friday 22nd December; 4.30-6.30pm - Family PJ Movie Day: Join us for a festive film in the Carswell Centre to celebrate the start of the School Holidays. PJ'S are encouraged and feel free to bring any other cosy things!
If you want any more information on any of the events just contact Murdo McTear at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you want to help by either being there on the day or providing home baking, we would love you to be involved!
Other Special Christmas Services and Events to Enjoy
· Sunday 17th December, 11am in Carswell Centre: Kairos Gift Service and Nativity Play. We can't wait to share the Christmas story in this fun and interactive way at Kairos.
· Thursday 21st December, 7.00pm in Church: Nine Lessons and Carols: Well known bible readings and a selection of old and new Christmas music sung by the congregation and choir.
· Christmas Eve Nativity Walk from the Village Christmas Tree at 5.30pm: see more information overleaf.
· Christmas Eve Watchnight Service in Church: Carols and candles to contemplate the heart of Christmas. (Singing from 11.15pm).
· Christmas Day Family Christmas Celebration in Church, 10.30 to 11.15am: Children and adults, please bring your favourite toy or gift to show us.
* Christmas Day Family Christmas Celebration in Church, 10.30 to 11.15am: Children and adults, please bring your favourite toy or gift to show us.
Walking Nativity Play - Join us in our ‘Walking Nativity’ on Christmas Eve. With friends at St Bridget's, it is one of the village’s Christmas institutions and a much-loved local event. Meet the Shepherds and Wise Men, hear Mary and Joseph being told “No room at the Inn”. Join in carols and afterwards in The Carswell Centre for mulled wine, mince pies and sausage rolls; where, in the Hub, the youngsters will make craft Christingles! All ages, faiths and none are welcome. Meet at the Village Christmas Tree at the Eglinton Arms Hotel at 5.30pm. Bring wellies, warm clothing and a torch! If you feel you could assist with the catering please contact Doug Lamont on 07710 -151458
A Sweet Christmas Appeal!! Freya Young, who runs the village food larder, is holding a Christmas Community Coffee Morning on Saturday 23rd December at 10am-12pm in the upper Carswell Hall. In order to show our support we are running a sweetie collection. We need small Christmas puddings/chocolate treats for adults and selection boxes for children for party bags for everyone who attends the coffee morning. Donations can either be given to the door team or left in the vestry. Thank you very much, Rev Jade
Company Section are hosting a Quiz Night Fundraiser, for over 18s, on Saturday 3rd February 2024 in The Carswell Centre from 7pm. Tickets are £10 which includes a drink on arrival and nibbles. The seniors will be hosting the night so this is a great way to support our boys. If you'd like a ticket please contact Jack McPhail on email@example.com.
“Even if my father and mother abandoned me, the Lord would take me in.” Psalm 27:10
Lord, we pray for all who feel abandoned or isolated at this time. We think of children who have lost their parents and adults who have lost those closest to them. Would you comfort the bereaved and set the lonely in the midst of your family. Help us to welcome those who feel disconnected, and encourage all who help the most vulnerable at this time. We pray in Jesus’ name, amen.